How InterWeave Can Help You!
InterWeave strives to achieve the highest results for your organization through a strategic organizational development and change process.
To achieve this, we offer a three-step process of managing organizational change; which consists of the analysis of your current organizational behaviors, strategy and structure; the facilitation of training to include new behaviors of excellence; and the reinforcement of the organizational changes to ensure sustainability of your success.
The prerequisite to any successful organizational development and change initiative is to accurately assess the current state of the organization and precisely define the desired measures of success. We will spend time dialoguing about your organization’s developmental goals while determining what changes need to occur in order to achieve the highest levels of success.
The scope of InterWeave’s organizational development and change projects ranges in size from organizations that have as few as 10 employees in one location to as many as 10,000 employees in over 25 locations.
Organizational Development and Change Process
A typical engagement may include the following steps:
- Conduct a baseline analysis. An appreciative inquiry process is used to understand your current performance strengths as well as the opportunities that would elevate your levels of success. Depending on your company’s goals, this step could include: conducting focus groups or employee and customer surveys, listening to customer interactions, examining statistics and other assessments, reviewing emails or other correspondence that are sent to customers, listening to IVR announcements, reviewing current quality assurance processes, and analyzing call center statistics such as talk times, escalated calls, customer complaints and compliments, and reviewing your quality evaluations.
- Collaborate with you. Kimberly will work with a consortium of change agents within your organization to engage in dialogues and review potential options. This phase involves a great deal of asking of questions and uncovering the root of your past decision making processes. This is a very exposing element of the organizational change process that is facilitated with grace and a desire to embrace your employees into this dynamic change process. We will collaboratively design behavior based standards and best practices that will capture the feelings and results that are desired.
- Design your Range of Tolerance™ tools. Employees need examples of what defines each behavior. Pictures, videos, audio examples, job aids, posters and other tools are discussed to determine what channels of reinforcement work within your culture to help communicate desired values and behaviors. This documentation becomes the tool for leaders as well as front line employees to clearly embrace the specifics of what WOWs your customers and what doesn’t create a WOW experience for the customers. Interactions occur with leadership throughout this organizational development and change process to transform mental ranges of tolerance.
- Develop specific dialogue flows. Intentional communication is the key to any organizational change management process. What does a coaching dialogue sound like? What does customer communication look like during challenging times when customers may feel frustrated or upset? Intentional communication with the goal of building and healing relationships will change how the company relates to employees and customers so that everyone experiences wow moments as a way of life. ional changes and personal development.
- Implement your communication strategy. InterWeave is here to assist with the development and implementation of the appropriate communication that will help support your organizational changes. These communications include newsletter articles, PowerPoint presentations, emails, voicemails, posters, and a complete strategy for communicating the desired behaviors to the employees and the customers.
- Train your leadership team. Training is then conducted with the leaders to ensure that they understand what the desired behaviors are and why they are important to the customers and the business. Coaching to WOW Relationships™ is not about “rolling out a new observation process” or “doing training”. This process involves having the leaders self evaluate and then review examples of the desirable behaviors so that they can emulate the desired skills. Leadership attends additional training in order to provide the coaching strategy that will ensure organizational success. InterWeave’s strategic coaching process provides your leadership team with a clear set of behaviors that enable you to gauge the success of your leaders. Rather than simply saying, “You must be collaborative and inspiring”, InterWeave provides your leaders with a defined coaching strategy that includes off the floor coaching and on the floor coaching. The forms are provided that support the documentation of your coaching discussions and coaching is modeled for the leaders so that they understand their behaviors of word choice, asking questions, acknowledging and body language and how these behaviors impact the success of your coaching through the building of trust, authenticity and intentional communication.
- Train your employees. InterWeave provides you with many options of training your employees in Creating WOW Relationships™. From PowerPoint presentations, to self paced training to classroom training. The goal is to ensure that employees are demonstrating the desired behaviors that enhance the relationships with your customers.
- Reinforce the changes. The skills of your leaders and the front line employees must be reinforced through coaching and supportive communication. InterWeave believes strongly in ensuring that success is occurring at an appropriate pace. Reinforcement of changes is critical to unfreeze old habits and refreeze new ways of thinking about the value of your customer relationships.
- Engage in lively dialogues to share understandings. What are your espoused values and how do they differ from your enacted values? Let’s explore that together. This is an opportunity for learning and the beginning of the interactive process of organizational development and change. Kimberly facilitates onsite meetings to review the findings or review the findings via telephone discussions to discuss options for change.
- Change your structure to support your strategy. If your strategy is to wow your customers, what changes need to occur in your processes and support structure to ensure that the needs of your employees and your customers are being met? InterWeave helps to guide you through the structural changes that will support your strategy of turning wow moments into a way of life.
Organizational development and change is a lifetime journey. InterWeave is here to partner with you for lifetime success. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your employees in this journey to turn WOW moments into a way of life.
Start by taking this 6 question quiz to see how WOW your organization is. This will give you an idea of where to begin your organizational change process. How WOW is your culture?